Full of fizz and sparkle and with city centre business representatives looking sensational it’s easy to forget whilst watching this year’s official film of the HullBID Awards just how far the occasion has come.
The awards made a big impact back in 2013 when just over 100 people packed into the Studio at Hull Truck Theatre for the debut event and they’ve built on that success by setting ever higher standards, attracting more businesses as entries and in the audience, and taking over some of the biggest, most prestigious venues in the city.
From the historic elegance of Hull Minster in 2019 the backdrop changed this year to the state-of-the-art excitement of the Bonus Arena as HullBID Executive Director Kathryn Shillito shared the stage with some top class entertainers and the winning businesses who were the real stars of the show.
For the record here’s the HullBID Awards 2020 roll of honour:
• Safe City sponsored by Radphone – Atik.
• Dressed to Impress sponsored by Hull Trains – Hull City Council Parks and Gardens team.
• Outstanding Employee or Team sponsored by East Yorkshire – Charles Weeks, Iguana Developments.
• Innovative Marketing 360 Chartered Accountants – Bad Wolf Gaming.
• Customer Service Excellence sponsored by Kingston Recruitment – Hull Truck Theatre.
• Contribution to the Community sponsored by Princes Quay – Temple Gym.
• Best Business Progression sponsored by St Stephens – Nibble.
• Commitment to Training and Development sponsored by Prospect Shopping Centre – CBA Sadofskys.
• The Best in Food and Drink sponsored by Hammonds of Hull – Lion & Key.
• Special Judges’ Recognition Award – Allenby Commercial.
• Outstanding Contribution sponsored by K2 – Hull Minster.
But for the glitz and the glamour take a look at the action in a venue which has transformed the live entertainment scene in Hull – from the drinks reception on arrival to Kathryn’s rallying call and reminder that the competition to win a BID Award gets tougher every year.
Feel the tension mounting over dinner, and then easing gradually as BBC presenters Amanda White and Phil White lead the sponsors through the announcements, triggering cheers of celebration from the winners and of congratulation from the near-misses.
It was another HullBID Awards night to remember and it brought together an array of smiling faces. See how many you can recognise!